Tuesday, September 24, 2013

More Paladin Week

Day 24: Space
I love how the sky looks like space when Rhonin announces an Algalon kill in Dalaran.

     Seish Transmog Post
     Seish got a new transmog in honor of the patch. Well, not entirely a new transmog, it's mostly the same outfit I had him in at the end of Cataclysm with a few tweaks and improvements. It's not particularly creative, but I really like the look so I thought I'd share it here.
 Head: Symbolic Crown (I like plate circlets. Seish's red hair is one of the things that helps me keep track of him in really chaotic fights, so I like being able to see it.)
Shoulders: Relentless Gladiator's Scaled Shoulders
Chest: Relentless Gladiator's Scaled Chestpiece
Waist: Belt of Living Obsidium (This could stand some tweaking. I'm still poking around for a better choice.)
Hands: Relentless Gladiator's Scaled Gauntlets
Legs: Relentless Gladiator's Scaled Legguards
Feet: Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Warboots of Alacrity (Supposedly there are actually boots meant for this set that drop from Vault of Archavon. Supposedly. Luckily Rim could make these boots that matched pretty well.)
Back: Twilight Cape (I actually think Duskwoven Cape is a slightly better match but haven't picked one up yet.)
Sword: Quel'Delar, Might of the Faithful (This is the most Seish sword I can possibly imagine. Kind of wish the enchant didn't make it quite so sparkly but what can you do?)
Tabard: Tabard of the Explorer (Mostly just because it matches really well, but Seish is the one who earned the achieve so he might as well boast about it.)

Continuing saga of Laen
     Laen's level 13 now. Most of the time spent on him so far has been on farming piles of metal for him on Khaelyss and letting Laen turn it into armor to disenchant. But he's done some questing around in Ghostlands. Wasn't sure how I'd like questing as a holy paladin, but so far it's not too bad at all. The Light answers Laen's call and Holy Shock is really nice for both damaging and self healing. My main problem is that poor Laen lives on Tai's server so the only heirloom he has access to at the moment is the cape, though Tai's farming up some jp to buy him another one. And there is no intellect mail at low levels. None. At least there is none I've found to be had from questing or crafting. What is a baby holy paladin supposed to do?
     And that's another thing. While shopping for heirlooms I'll pick up when Tai has the jp I notice. No int plate heirlooms. Why? Poor holy paladins, seems like they get the short end of the stick in a lot of ways when starting out. Oh well, for now Laen's making do with his cape and a hodgepodge of strength mail and int cloth which makes me cringe and him sadly lament how ugly his clothes are. (It will get better, Laen. Look at all the pretty transmogs I'm designing for you.)
     Overall I'm having a lot of fun with Laen and it seems like starting him out has been really lucky for me. Yesterday when farming more copper for his blacksmithing I decided to let Khaelyss fly around Darkshore for a bit since Durotar was getting a bit crowded. Being lazy, I flight pathed as far as Felwood, and then intended to fly over. I almost didn't bother to check on the Minfernal. It doesn't exist, they are never up. Except that I did go check and there was one! And if it hadn't been for Laen I'd never have happened upon it.
Laen's not sure what to think of the creepy demon pet that's almost as big as he is.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment