Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Alt Appreciation Week: Mages

      Laeleiweyn over at World of Lae has come up with the fun idea of Alt Appreciation. Weeks dedicated to our alts of each class. This week it's mages. That works out fairly conveniently for me, with the new patch hitting this week and the likelihood of me spending a lot of time on Seish, Rim, and Tai it's just as well that I don't have a whole lot of mage alts. I've been trying to level one. I'd really like to have one, but I can't seem to find the courage to try leveling one on my own, so I've got three and they're all bound to leveling with someone else's characters.
     Still hopefully I can squeeze in a little love of some kind for my mages. They have portals after all. And two of my favorite players play them. Without further ado. My mages:

Murasaki
Level 64 Arcane Mage (Alliance)
     Why yes, she is named after a character from the Tale of Genji. I couldn't resist. In my head she's a delicate, refined lady of a Pandaren, do not let the skimpiness of her leveling attire fool you. When she's finished leveling she'll be very nicely covered in lovely purple robes. At the moment though she's running around in Outland with my husband's rogue.

Malyn
Level 26 Arcane Mage
     Malyn lives on the same server with Seish and Rim and a great number of my other characters. So she doesn't have to do plebeian things like having gathering professions or leveling without heirlooms. She's an alchemist/engineer and I picture her constantly tinkering with one thing and another. She's a bit snooty and overly impressed with herself, and has many many fancy transmogs planned if her leveling ever manages to go anywhere. Currently she's following my husband's paladin around in dungeons when she's not fiddling with gadgets or potions and transmutes.

Fal
Level 26 Arcane Mage
     Fal is Tai's younger brother. Not that you'd know it to look at them or to be around them. They're about as different as two people can possibly be. Fal's currently leveling with a Priest that belongs to one of my best friends. They run around in lovely robes and fabulously kill things together. I really love this character and have put in so much time with him on the side that I can't even work on leveling his professions any more (Tailoring/Jewelcrafting) because he's entirely maxed out in both for his level.

     Ideally I'd like to spend at least a little time on all of them this week, but since they all rely on leveling partners I can't really do much solo. Think I will try to talk the husband into a few quests or a dungeon for the pandaren girls, and maybe design a new transmog for Fal. Malyn will hopefully get a shipment of mats from some loyal henchmen and level her professions a bit more. But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment