Thursday, November 21, 2013

Seish's Sunreaver Transmog

Day 21: I wish I had this
Rather than going for something that actually exists in the game I thought I'd dream big. Wouldn't Murozond be the most epic dragon mount ever?!

     Sometimes the game just seems to conspire against me to trick me into doing things I really hadn't meant to. I was pretty happy with Seish's current mog, I've always liked that set on him and I hadn't intended to change it for a while. But then the other day as I was doing the daily cooldowns I had an idea for the mog I've been wanting to do around the Sunreaver tabard. I dropped everything I was doing and spent a half an hour playing around with Mogit. And that is probably where it would have stayed except that then Seish went to pay Kael'thas his weekly visit. And Kael'thas didn't cough up the phoenix but he dropped the perfect sword for that transmog idea. That meant Seish was only missing one piece to make it work. 4,000 gold for a silly belt later... he's got some new clothes.

Sunreaver's Judgement

Head: Crown of Empowered Fate
Shoulders: Judgement Spaulders
Chest: Overlord's Chestplate
Wrists: Overlord's Vambraces
Waist: Lofty Belt
Hands: Judgement Gauntlets
Legs: Overlord's Legplates
Feet: Judgement Sabatons
Back: Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape
Sword: Twinblade of the Phoenix
Tabard: Sunreaver Onslaught Tabard

I'm still not really sure if this actually looks good to anybody but me, but I love it. It uses my favorite pieces of the overused Judgement Set but I think manages not to look too much like Judgement. That's one of my favorite helms, and the Overlord's Set is one of my favorite things to play around with because it's just basic and simple enough that it can work as a base for all kinds of things. I wish I could have found another pair of boots that worked better, but other than that I'm very happy with it.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, very very nice! The plain and super-functional Overlord's set really works well to tone down the ornateness of Judgement + Sunreaver Tabard, which would otherwise be a bit overwhelming. Grats on the lucky sword drop! I really love that helm, too... one of these days, I'll start farming for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D Yeah it definitely needed some toning down. I'd originally played around with trying to find a simpler red or gold armor as the base and it was still just too much.
      We'll see how long he runs around in this one before I come up with something else.

      Delete