Sunday, October 27, 2013

Old Ladies Raid! (And Warlock Week Recap)

Since I entirely forgot to get a screenshot of what this post is actually about enjoy this random shot of Tyl and Snowthorn in a tree on the Timeless Isle.

      Yesterday was the opening outing of the Old Ladies Raiding Guild. I was a bit late getting online for it but they were amazing enough to summon Tyl right in for the rest of it. It was so much fun! And I was a little bit starstruck being around all these bloggers I read. In fact I was so flustered that it took me a while to remember how to get into vent and I completely forgot to get the screenshot I'd wanted of everybody. But maybe next week, because it's in the plans to meet up once weekly and kick ass and take names.
     I might have to put in a little more time trying to get Tyl a better weapon so he'll be a bigger help when we get to some of the newer content. And now, aside from the fact that I just love him I've got another reason to be very happy for having a level 90 Alliance side. I helped out with the second half of Blackwing Descent. It was nice to finally get revenge for all those times that Nefarian killed poor Rim when I tried to tank it last expansion. Next week Bastion of Twilight is the destination and I'm so very excited to go!

     Today Tal got a break from leveling because I wanted to put in some time on Seish. And little did I know just how much time it would end up being. Seish had managed to down Malkorok in Wing 3 of SoO last week, but then the group he was in stalled out on the trash after, and several wipes and quite a bit of time later I felt like I couldn't justify spending any more time in there. This time the group was better on the trash but we wiped three times each on Spoils and Thok before downing them. It took hours. But Seish got two rings (only one of which he needed) and a pair of new pants for his pains.
     I really wish people in LFR would not be such jerks about recount. Recount's a great tool. I like  it a lot for seeing where I am on things, but I also know that it's not always completely accurate. Seems like the further you are from someone the less you see of their actual damage, and the group spent a bunch of time harassing two people they said were pulling under 30k who showed up at 50+k on mine. Still not great dps, but two people with slightly low dps were not why we were wiping. Still in the end they didn't get kicked and we finished, so hopefully that made up for some of it.

Tal's sitting most of the way to 89 so it shouldn't take too much longer for him to hit 90, though it hasn't been in time for the end of Warlock week after all. Still taking a bit of time off from him today to work on Seish means more rested XP when I get back to him. My plan is to keep pushing on him until he gets to 90, deck him out in the Timeless Isle stuff he's got waiting and maybe try an LFR. There will be a post when he gets there. Warlock week's been fun for me. I forget every time I take a break from playing him just how much fun it actually is. Hopefully this time it will stick just a little better. And hey, he'll actually be at cap when the next expansion rolls around. That'll make it easier for him to level his alchemy which is all he really cares about.

4 comments:

  1. Wasn't it fun! So glad you were able to get revenge! Can't wait for next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! I can't wait for the next one next week too. :D

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you had fun in the raid! That's pretty awesome, wish I could have made it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish you could have made it too! I kind of wish we could do a Horde side version as well.

      Delete