Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Paladin in a blue dress

     Laen loves his plate dresses. Rim and Seish scoff and wonder how the heck you're supposed to get anything done dressed that way, but he doesn't care. And he's been waiting for a while for the tier shoulders to drop for him from Seige of Orgrimmar. Not just because it's an upgrade and puts him one step away from the four piece bonus. Oh no. Mostly because those new shoulders mean new transmog.
     It's nothing spectacular or creative really, mostly just the current tier gear with a few alterations. The shield doesn't entirely match and I don't care. I've been wanting to mog something with that shield for ages and Laen was lucky enough to get the drop on his first attempt. I am a little sad that the enchant makes the phantom blade he worked so hard at getting mats to make look just like the one he was using before but, oh well. Function trumps beauty, the enchant stays.
     Hopefully the mog will help keep stuff interesting for the long slog of grinding up valor ahead. There are shiny wings at the end. Have to keep that in mind.

8 comments:

  1. I <3 Laen and if it wasn't so fun to do it myself I'd pay you gold and ore and such to design my mog sets because you are REALLY good at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you. But it really is fun to do it yourself isn't it? I know that's why I do it. :D

      Delete
  2. Oooh, nice! I like that shield with that plate-dress a lot!
    Grats on getting your shoulders! :) I'm still waiting for the Dark Shaman to drop the lookalike version for my Paladin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love that shield so couldn't resist using it even if I don't think the shade of blue matches quite as well as it could.
      I'll admit I've been running everything that drops any version of those shoulders hoping for the drop but as it turned out was lucky enough to get the tier piece first :) Good luck getting the shamans to cooperate.

      Delete
  3. Hey! Congrats again on Mog World! I saw Dragonray's post this morning - cheers wildly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I actually ended up seeing your comment before I saw the post so then I had to go straight over to look. I'm particularly glad that one won since I think it's one of my favorites I've done for the contest.

      Delete
  4. You've been liebstered! http://tomeoftheancient.wordpress.com/2014/03/30/leibster-awards-and-you/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thank you :D I'll have to see about getting a post up.

      Delete