Friday, December 12, 2014

A couple goals met.

     First of all I have to say I'm with Tome here. I've been slacking off on writing on my WoW blog not because I don't have anything to write about but because I've been too busy doing it to write about it. Warlords is keeping me busy. (And of course there's the holidays too.) I'm running three level 3 garrisons now: Tai's, Rim's, and Ailuuya's.  And a couple level twos that are mostly doing profession stuff and accumulating resources.
     I'm trying to get Ailuuya geared so she can raid because I miss running with my raid team so much. She's close. I'm really hoping for next week. She'll have another crafted piece tomorrow and hopefully I can get her through a heroic or two and maybe the LFR. Today, though, besides her apexis daily and garrison missions she's managed to meet two of my WoW goals.
     I love talbuks. They're still some of my favorite mounts, no matter how many new models they bring in and I wanted the dark ones for ages. But getting them involved pvp and even though a lot of mine are on a pvp server... no. Just no. But a while back Ailuuya got some of the battle tokens from a garrison mission. I put them in her bags thinking I'd have to hope more missions came up for them and save them. But today I finally looked them up and realized she already had enough for the Dark War Talbuk. And there he is. I'll still have to hope the mission comes up again so I can get the other one but I'm so happy about this!
     And after Halaa had been claimed and the Talbuk purchased I thought while I was in Outlands I might as well fly over and pay Gruul another fruitless visit. Ever since I created Ailuuya I had one specific shield in mind for her. The most draenei of shields, but Gruul kept dropping trinkets for me instead. Only tonight he didn't.
     So of course I had to go transmog her even though I'm hoping to replace some of that gear tomorrow or the next day. And I'm happy. I think she looks great, and my many Gruul kills finally paid off so I don't have to do it any more.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on that beautiful Talbuk! One more thing to put on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so excited that I could get the tokens from missions. :)

      Delete
  2. Grats on the talbuk and the shield, and good luck gearing up.

    I like the look of your character a lot. I still haven't gotten used to the new models (for my own characters) unfortunately, so I'm running around as "old". But I want to. It's just small things like the portrait and the eyes and the run and the skin color for me now. I hope I can get over it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She's getting pretty close on the gearing.

      And thank you. I'm still not used to the new models of the draenei either. They weren't something I'd played that often, but even so their eyes and run still seem off to me as well. My relationship with Ailuuya's appearance is still a bit rocky at the moment. I'm sure it's going to be even more of a shock to me when they finish the blood elf updates, so I can definitely sympathize with your trouble with your characters and their new models. I hope you can adjust to it soon, though I honestly wish we could have the option to turn off the new ones on a character by character basis.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your talbuk and your shield! Ailuuya is the very model of a Draenei Paladin now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she? She looks (aside from a few issues I have with the new model) mostly the way I had in mind when I created her. Her ret spec even has a big purple hammer like Maraad's. :D

      Delete
  4. Grats on your Talbuk. I'm still hoping to get that mission because whilst I have the correct number of tokens for killing people, I never got around to grinding mobs to complete the transaction and now that character lurks on a PvP server unloved at 70.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't even begin to explain how happy I was when I realized the mission had actually given me enough to just go buy one. Now I just have to hope one of the garrisons comes up with the mission again so I can get the other.
      And I really hope it'll come up a few times for you too! I must admit that I love that they added that to the garrisons so we can have the opportunity to go back and make a relatively painless purchase of a gorgeous mount.

      Delete
  5. Holla for Halaa! She looks great! I need to figure out how to get that one, too - I have tokens, but am confused. So many things to research and read up on - but that's half the fun! Beautiful paladin, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading up and finding things out -is- half the fun! And it looks like I'll get to sort it out soon for the other Talbuk. Seish had a mission for some tokens this morning, much to my delight :)
      Thank you. I'm pretty happy with her mog. :D She gets to wear things that just aren't quite right for Blood Elf paladins.

      Delete