Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Screenshots and Lazy mogging

Day 3: Button
Buttons are apparently not the preferred method for securing clothes in Azeroth. Many NPCs were treated to perhaps creepy scrutiny in the finding of the buttons on this gnome. "NO! Snowthorn! We were looking for buttons, not lunch."

     Last night Tyl was lucky enough to roll himself this new bow from Galakras: Dagryn's Discarded Longbow. Warforged and everything. I was pretty ecstatic. And even though it's sort of ugly and spiky and red I didn't want to mog over it right away. So off to the mogger to see what lazy sort of mog I could come up with to sort of match it with what I had. Variations on a theme:
    I changed two pieces (aside from the bow) of the mog he was wearing before and I think it looks passable. Thanks to the Old Ladies Raiding Guild for these fiery mail shoulders from Firelands that look better on him than I'd expected.
Shoulders: Craterflame Spaulders
Waist: Chief Brigadier Girdle
Incredibly lazy mog complete.

4 comments:

  1. Heh, that actually looks pretty good! Huzzah for being able to make a half-decent mog just with the stuff you've already got on hand! (and grats on the sweet new bow, too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it helps if you're like me and are terrible about throwing -any- potential piece of mog gear away. On the positive side that means I probably have something I can make do with for a lot of things. On the negative side it means that poor Tyl's inventory is way too full.But thanks. I was pretty happy with how it turned out for a lazy mog. And yay for shiny new bows.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I think he looks great! I guess hanging on to everything is worth it. I have so many bits and pieces I can't get rid of. One day it might pay off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think it turned out half bad!

      So far hanging onto everything has also come in handy for Seish when I decided to do a 'what do I have in my closet?' mog for his holy spec. But I'm definitely excited for more storage to make my mog hoarding less painful.

      Delete