Friday, January 23, 2015

If this was Aug's Blog we'd call it 'Plenty of Pets'

     I've had some form of cold or creeping crud since about the week before Christmas. But now it's finally better and I've taken some time from all the garrison chores to actually make a post about the things I've been up to. I'm surprised it's taken me this long to start really focusing on leveling another alt, but then I got three to 100 at about the same time and that's a lot of garrison chores. Still every hunter has his day and Aug's getting his turn. He's leveling, but also taming his way across Draenor.
He made a new Frostwolf friend in Frostfire and named him Gelu. Gelu kept him company through most of Gorgrond too, and partway through the Gorgrond chain I realized that Aug didn't have Snowpaw in his garrison yet, so everything else had to be dropped until that got remedied, if only so screenshots like this could happen.
     Tai is the one that made the harness for that wolf but since he won't give up his tiger Aug got to steal the mount. It's a win for everybody. (I'm a little bit sad that only leatherworkers can ride that wolf because I really like it.)
     In Gorgrond Aug found another new friend.
     Laetus has done a little helping out with the barn, though mostly he's on passive for the trapping and is just moral support. I really didn't want another barn, but then Rim wanted to upgrade his shield and I realize that no matter how much it irked me I was going to need at least one barn on every server where I leveled a crafter. Well Tai's got his server covered. Aug will do he and Rim and Seish's. Tyl will be needing one and Ailuuya replaced her lumberyard and upgraded it all the way up yesterday. I doubt I'll be quite as good at keeping hers full as I will for the rest of them. She's lucky enough to be raiding and may well replace her crafted jewelry before I can upgrade it anyhow.
     Aug meanwhile has moved on to Talador where of course he promptly found a red hydra he -had- to tame. This one got a little bit complicated. There was an argument between Aug and Magister Krelas about the best thing to do with large red hydras. The silly mage kept interrupting his tame and insisting they should just kill the thing. I think he underestimated the lengths a hunter will go to for a pet he wants. Aug moved on, away killed some ogres and let Krelas and the hydra argue it out. Once the hydra had predictably won Aug tamed him, helped Krelas up, and off they all went together. I suppose Aug must have apologized because at the end of it all Krelas was still willing to come work for him so I guess there are no hard feelings. Aug may need to swat Servius over the noses a few times to get him to stop looking at the Magister like he's a meal, though.
     I wish I could say Aug had collected all the Draenor pets he wanted, but there are still a couple of beautifully colored tigers calling his name. I'm going to hope we can get it all out of his system before Nagrand.

4 comments:

  1. I think when you have plenty of alts you'll have plenty of everything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that my hunter has reached Draenor I must get to the collecting of pets. So much to do, so little time, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Aug still has two tigers (at least) to tame. Oh and some leveling to do as sort of an afterthought. lol

      Delete